Mandelic Acid Peel is a Alpha Hydroxy Acid Peel similar to Glycolic and Lactic Acid. It has a more complex chemical bond and thus, penetrates slower than other AHAs making it more compatible to multiple day layering of 2 to 3 days with very less side effect as compared to other AHA peels. Mandelic Acid Peel is perfect for those who want gentler, milder peels without sacrificing results. It is very effective in reversing signs of ageing by strengthening collagen bond and helps the skin regain firmness and tone as it effectively soften fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the epidermal turn over time. Mandelic Acid is also shown to reduce all forms of hyperpigmentation by as much as 50% after just a session making it an ideal peel for skin discolorations. It is also the peel of choice for people that developed irritation induced hyperpigmentation such as skin darkening caused by scratching, tight clothing, friction and heat.
Using Mandelic Acid will help achieve the following benefits:
- Compatible peel for sensitive skin
- Ideal peel for darker skin types
- Ideal peel for clients with Rosacea
- Less irritation, Less redness
- Reverses signs of ageing and photodamage
- Firms and tones the skin
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Natural bactericidal and bacteriostatic properties makes it ideal for acne and cystic acne
- Inhibits melanocyte formation making it ideal for brown spots, freckles, melasma, uneven skin tone and all other pigmentation issues
- Illuminates the complexion
- Greatly improve skin texture by increasing epidermal turn over time
Our Mandelic Acid is packed in 30 ml bottles. This is good for about 10 to 12 facial peeling sessions. One session by a Dermatologists usually costs 80 to 800 USD. You will save almost 3500 USD using our high quality Mandelic Acid Peel. Our Mandelic Acid Peel is of the same quality, if not higher, used by the finest Dermatologist all over the world.
Mandelic Acid Peel is perfect for beginners and is available in 30% and 60% concentrations. We recommend starting with 30% concentration first if you are new to skin peeling. As with all of our peels, we added powerful antioxidants and skin healing botanical extracts that will help you achieve the best peeling experience with the shortest downtime possible.
Consult with Skinpeelshop’s experts to determine which peel and concentration is best for you.
Disclaimer: As with any other cosmetic products, response to our products will vary from person to person and as such, result from one individual does not necessarily mean exact similar result to another.
1. Wash your face with mild soap and water. Wait 15 to 30 minutes to make sure that the face is completely dry.
2. WITH PEEL PRIMER: Cleanse the skin using a cotton pad moistened with Peel Primer. Apply on areas where Peel will be applied. Wait 5 minutes to ensure primer is completely dry. Skip this step if there is no Peel Primer.
3. Gently shake the peel bottle before use. Apply the Peel Solution using a cotton pad on the areas to be peeled. Ensure that you apply the peel evenly.
4. Apply another layer after 5 minutes by repeating the step above. You can apply 3 to 6 layers of the solution depending on your tolerance and need.
5. 5 minutes after the last layering, neutralize using baking soda plus water mixture (see “Preparing a Neutralizer” below). Neutralize for 1 full minute and then wash your face with mild soap and water. DO NOT PURCHASE PEEL NEUTRALIZER AS THIS IS JUST AN OVERPRICED BAKING SODA.
6. WITH PEEL RECOVERY CREAM: You can immediately apply the Peel Recovery Cream after neutralizing your skin and washing your face. Gently pat face dry and apply a thin coating all over the affected areas and repeat once every 3-6 hours. Skip this step if there is no Peel Recovery Cream.
7. Peeling will begin in 3 to 5 days from the last application of the chemical peel and will last for about 5 to 7 days. Never remove the peeling skin. Skin will appear thick and leathery at this time. Never wash your face frequently to hasten peeling. Think of the dead skin as a protective bandage of the fresh peeling skin. The longer it stays, the better the result. Do not rub or scrub your face during the peeling process.
8. It is recommended that you add booster layers on day 2 and 3. 3-5 layers each day are recommended number of booster layers of Mandelic Acid for a deeper peel. Total layering of at least 9 layers on 3 days is recommended (3 layers per day). Just ensure that you always neutralize the peel after each last layering of the day.
MONDAY – DAY ONE
9:45 P.M – Wash face, Let face dry in about 15 to 30 minutes.
10:15 P.M – Apply Peel Primer, let face dry for another 5 minutes.
10:20 P.M – Apply Mandelic Acid Peel for the first layering. Wait 5 minutes.
10:25 P.M – Apply Mandelic Acid Peel for the second layering. Wait 5 minutes.
10:30 P.M – Apply Mandelic Acid Peel for the third layering. Wait 5 minutes. (Additional layers are optional)
10:35 P.M – Apply the neutralizer using a cotton ball or pads over the areas layered with the peel. Wait 1 minute.
10:36 P.M – Wash your face. Let it dry and apply Peel Recovery Cream.
Repeat this entire procedure for 2 more days.
PREPARING A NEUTRALIZER
A Neutralizer is needed to bring back the skin into its normal PH just after any acid peels. It is also helpful to combat the burning sensation in chemical peels. We recommend not buying any form of neutralizer as it easily disintegrates and expires in about 48 hours. Kindly make your own neutralizer to ensure its effectiveness. ALL chemical peel neutralizers you see being sold online and offline are made from Sodium Bicarbonate, also known as Baking Soda.
Things you need:
1 cup water
1 tablespoon baking soda
Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 cup water. After 5 minutes of performing any chemical peel, apply the neutralizer using a cotton ball or pad into the affected area. Wash face with cool water after 5 minutes.
WHAT IS FROSTING?
Frosting can occur naturally when applying acid peels. This is a chemical reaction produced by the interaction of the acid with the proteins on our skin. This is similar to frying albumin or egg white in a pan in which, it turns white. Take note that applying each layer increases the peel concentration by x0.25%. This means that for every layer of 30% peel you apply, it will add 7.5% to the current concentration.
Frosting is desirable. Some areas of the skin might turn white while others will not. The more layers you apply, The higher the chance that frosting will occur. Frosting rarely occurs with weaker acid peels unless 3 or more layers are applied. Frosting is a sign that the skin will surely peel within 7 days.
Skin might appear hard, leathery and thick during the peeling process. It will also crumple like a paper. The colors will also be uneven, Red/Dark/Brown areas are signs of deep peeling and might peel longer than other skin areas. The skin will magically be poreless, brighter, smoother and baby-smooth after deep peels.
Mandelic Acid, Distilled Water, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Niacinamide, Licorice Root Extract, Peach Leaf Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Ashitaba Leaf Extract, Alpha-Pinene, Myrcene.